Terms and Conditions
1. Services and Rates Rates are valid at the time of booking and are displayed on the Paws on the Hill, LLC website.
2. Payment is required up front and must include any additional fees or charges. Check and cash are accepted at this time. Client understands this contract and takes responsibility for prompt payment of fees. Client authorizes this signed contract to be valid approval for future services of any purpose provided by this contract permitting Paws on the Hill, LLC to accept telephone, e-mail or online reservations for service and enter premises without any additional signed contracts or written authorization. Paws on the Hill, LLC is authorized to perform care and services as outlined on this contract. Paws on the Hill, LLC is also authorized to seek emergency veterinary care with release from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense. Should specified veterinarian be unavailable, Paws on the Hill, LLC is authorized to engage the veterinarian of their choice. If client cannot be contacted in a timely manager, Paws on the Hill, LLC is authorized to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian. Client agrees to reimburse Paws on the Hill, LLC for expenses incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to emergency as well as expenses incurred for any other supplies needed for the pet or home. Emergency veterinary visits are charged a round trip taxi fee of $25 with one half hour of time included in the taxi fee. Time after the initial 30 minutes will be billed at $25 per hour.
3. In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Paws on the Hill, LLC is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s), and home, and will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
4. I (or my homeowner’s insurance) will be responsible for any injury (pet bites, scratches, etc.) requiring medical attention to Paws on the Hill, LLC due to my pet(s) or condition of premises.
5. Paws on the Hill, LLC, its employees and independent contractors agree to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring, and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Paws on the Hill, LLC except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Paw on the Hill, LLC.
6. Paws on the Hill, LLC will not be held liable for damage to property or injury/disappearance of pet if any other person has access to pet or property during the term of this agreement or future assignments.
7. Paws on the Hill, LLC is not liable for any loss or damage in the event of a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Client will secure home prior to leaving the premises and Paws on the Hill, LLC will re-secure the home at the end of each visit. While keys are in the Company’s possession, they will be either on the Pet Sitter, or be properly stored at an undisclosed location.
8. Paws on the Hill, LLC is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the Pet Sitter/Company. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical problems, broken water pipes, plumbing, and acts of nature. Every attempt will be made to contact the client and then the emergency contact before making a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs and related fees will be paid by the Client, or fully reimbursed to Paws on the Hill, LLC within 14 days.
10. Client is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. Paws on the Hill, LLC will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will not be held liable for the loss, injury, disappearance, death or fines of pet(s) with unsupervised access to the outdoors. This includes pets with dog/cat doors and outdoor pets.
11. In the event of personal emergency or illness of Paws on the Hill, LLC, Client authorizes the company to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such situation.
12. I further authorize this contract to be valid approval for future services permitting Paws on the Hill, LLC to accept my telephone, e-mail and online reservations for service and enter my premises without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
13. This contract gives Paws on the Hill, LLC authorization to enter the above listed address as needed to perform the necessary service(s). I authorize this contract to be valid approval for services so as to permit Paws on the Hill, LLC to enter my home and to accept all future telephone, email, mail and on-line reservations, without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
14. Paws on the Hill, LLC reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time before or during this term.
48-hour notice is required for cancellations of overnight visits. Overnight cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance will be charged one half of the estimated cost for pet sitting services. For all other regular visits, a 24-hour notice is required. Regular cancellations made with less than 24 hours in advance will be charged one half the estimated costs for pet sitting services. All cancellations will incur a $10 cancellation fee if a key return is necessary.
Release of Liability
I do hereby waive and release Paws on the Hill, LLC from any and all liabilities of any nature for the actions of myself, my pet(s), or any other person who accompanies me, or holds a key to my home; except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Paws on the Hill, LLC. Paws on the Hill, LLC agrees to provide all services in kind, humane, reliable and trustworthy manner. Client agrees to notify Paws on the Hill, LLC any concerns within 24 hours of their return. In case of an emergency, inclement weather or a natural disaster I authorize Paws on the Hill, LLC to use their reasonable judgment for the care and well being of my pet(s) and/or house. Paws on the Hill, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to any client, at any time, for any reason.
I understand that Paws on the Hill, LLC can terminate this contract if my pet becomes a threat to the safety or health of Paws on the Hill, LLC or the community due to aggressive behavior. Paws on the Hill, LLC will immediately contact client if pet(s) display aggressive behaviors or tendencies and an educational meeting can be arranged. Paws on the Hill, LLC will do what we can to help families with special needs dogs. Paws on the Hill, LLC is required to report any bite incidents to authorities. I acknowledge I am responsible for medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to any person or animal caused by my pet(s). I attest that all of the above information is true to the best of my knowledge. If anything changes from what is listed, I will inform Paws on the Hill, LLC before the next service is scheduled.
I have reviewed this service contract for accuracy and understand the contents of this form.